Concrete floors in any building can be difficult to work with. Not every flooring type works with them and getting hardwood boards installed on them can be costly. As a porous substance, concrete flooring can collect moisture and too much strain can even crack the surface. One of the best options to upgrade your concrete flooring properly is by opting for epoxy flooring.
What is Epoxy Flooring?
Epoxy is a substance which acts as a sealant on your concrete flooring. It works best with porous surfaces but you should always have a clean area to work on. The best part is that the epoxy coating gives the right results with old surfaces. While it is usually meant for use in warehouses and industrial purposes, it can also be used for finishing your basement, your garage or even your concrete driveway.
The flooring in all these areas of the house is usually neglected and can take a lot of wear and tear, particularly in your garage and driveway. If you have old concrete flooring in your basement or your garage and want to upgrade it, this is the best option for you. Another aspect which makes epoxy flooring perfect is that it is environmentally friendly
The Benefits of Using Epoxy Flooring
Epoxy flooring can give a lot of benefits when used properly. Whether used for industrial purposes or in your home, they can completely transform the concrete flooring in your home. The following are some of the most notable ones that you can experience:
- Installation of epoxy flooring is fast and is not very difficult.
- It gives a durable surface which can withstand a lot of wear and tear, particularly in high traffic areas.
- Epoxy flooring is great for improving safety as they are anti-slip and are able to resist fire and heat damage.
- They are very easy to clean as they can resist stains from oil, cause water to bead on the surface and can be cleaned with a wipe.
- Epoxy flooring is low maintenance and can last you for years with ease.
- The flooring can also be combined with other paints and different colors in order to properly mask any imperfections in the floor.
When used for finishing basements, garages or driveways, epoxy flooring can give your home that special touch that was missing.
Working with Professionals
While the application of epoxy flooring is easy, it is a good idea to have it done by professionals. They can apply the flooring with attention to various conditions such as temperatures, surface quality and more.
If you are looking for the right professionals, get in touch with Franklin Painting and Restoration LLC. They have years of experience in crafting custom epoxy flooring according to your wants and needs and can work with you to give you the room of your dreams. For more information about epoxy flooring or to get a quote, you can call on 971-256-6123 or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org